I was writing about a new boutique hotel opening this week where the company had decided to do away with doormen and room service but concentrated on features they think modern travellers want, like free Wi-Fi.
It got me thinking: what do I want from a hotel? I have divided my thoughts into three sections.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Quiet room i.e. not with intercommunicating door, my pet hate
- Lounge area – in hotel or in room
- Complimentary water
- Room service – really nice if I need to work
- Windows that open
- Hotel car for local trips
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Waste of time:
- Towel art
- Television in bathroom
- Chocolates on pillow
- Mini bar unless complimentary
- Stuffed animal mascot on bed
What do you think? Agree with some of them?